At Peacock Family Services we offer a positive environment of partnership, teamwork, on-going personal and professional development, and joy. We consider staff to be our most important asset and work hard to foster an atmosphere of respect and collaboration.
Early Childhood Center
If you have a desire to work with youth, have experience and/or a degree in early childhood education (or a related field), are flexible, willing to pitch in, curious, and skilled at attuned care-giving, we would love to hear from you!
Available Positions & Classroom Assignments at the Early Childhood Center
Lead and Assistant Teachers
Toddler Rooms (ages 12 months through 2.5 years)
Preschool Rooms (ages 2.5 years until kindergarten)
Early Childhood Center Staff must have, or be willing to obtain:
- A Negative TB Test
- A Washington State Food Handler’s Permit
- Certification in STARS 30, Pediatric CPR & First Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogens
- Pass a Background Check from the Department of Early Learning
As a Licensed Child Care Center, we are governed by the Washington Administrative Code (WAC) for Child Care Centers. You may begin familiarizing yourself with these rules online here.
Please send your resume and a letter of interest to Julia Lampa, Childcare Director at: Julia@peacockfamilycenter.org.
Apply now to join the Peacock community as a Nature Nuts Outdoor Instructor! This is a great seasonal opportunity to be part of a team committed to nature exploration and building safe and inclusive environments for young people in outdoor environments.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Outdoor Instructors work with a team of staff to facilitate an 8:30AM to 6PM summer day camp program for Kitsap County youth entering grades K-3. Outdoor Instructors pass on their love of nature while leading traditional camp activities such as arts & crafts, beach time, and active games. They also create programming around a theme that changes week to week, and participate in daily field expeditions to parks, beaches, and forests on and near Bainbridge Island.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position for up to 40 hours per week; rate dependent on experience. This is a Temporary Position for June 20th- August 23rd, 2019. There is also potential to stay on after summer and work with our After School Program if the fit is right!
Peacock Family Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
QUALIFICATIONS (required before start date)
- 18 years of age or older.
- Current state approved CPR and First Aid certifications (WFA or WFR preferred).
- Current Washington state food handler’s permit.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record for 5 or more years.
- Ability to pass a Department of Early Learning background check.
- Ability to take a TB test with negative results.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One or more years of college preferred.
- Experience working with youth K-3 preferred.
- Ability to participate in activities that involve rigorous physical activity in an outdoor setting, including, but not limited to, hiking, boating, swimming, etc.
For more information on our camps, please visit the Nature Nuts Day Camp Page.
Currently accepting applicants and positions are open until filled.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Val Loughney Stapleton, the Nature Nuts Program Director at: email@example.com