A Community of Care Under One Roof
Welcome to the Early Childhood Development Center at Peacock Family Services. Our goal is to be a leader in building healthy communities by combining content-rich early childhood education, full-time care options for youth 1-5 years old, outdoor programming for youth K-3, and family support services.
Call or e-mail to schedule a tour with us today!
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 780-1505.
Our unique creative curriculum combines concepts of RIE, Reggio, and Montessori early-childhood programs. Responsive care-giving, support for self-directed discovery, and flexibility are the foundations of Peacock Family Services Child Care. Our caregivers learn to read an individual child’s cues and respond in nurturing and supportive ways.
Access to a consistent caregiver who is sensitive and responsive promotes secure attachment. Secure attachment in childhood provides a critical foundation for learning and creativity, and helps enable youth to develop meaningful interpersonal relationships in adulthood.
Our caregivers support children’s self-directed discovery and competence by providing individually appropriate experiences and uninterrupted time for exploring and interacting with others, materials, and nature. Our childcare programs are consistent with the current policy recommendations of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) based on current scientific knowledge of child development from birth to age five.
Our unique modular programs structures accommodate the widely diverse needs of families with morning, afternoon, full day, or extended day options available for part or full-time enrollment. We customize a schedule based on your family and child’s needs.
To learn more about our individual programs, click the links below:
- Toddlers: Youth ages 1 – 2.5 experience a world of sensory learning, socialization, and care. Each day youth explore the world through unique tactile experiences; we encourage our toddlers to enjoy ooey-gooey play all day!
- Pre-K: We aim to fully prepare youth ages 3 – 5 for the excitement and challenges of kindergarten. Our teaching team uses an emergent curriculum that is anchored in both academic concepts and a highly creative component.
- Pre-School: All youth ages 2.5 – 5 have days that are rich with cognitive, social, and physical experiences; full of the comforts of good friends, loving caregivers, and familiar routines; and busy with child-centered, developmentally appropriate activities.
- Nature Nuts: Youth K-3 share fun, hands-on learning experiences together where participants are encouraged to discover the natural environment through adventurous play, free exploration, and guided field investigations.
- Outdoor Families Nature Club: Part play group, part outdoor education, part family hike, Outdoor Families is a drop-in group led by a Nature Nuts outdoor instructor and naturalist whose goal is to connect families to nature, their community, and to each other. Meets every Thursday at 10 am.
- Resource Directory: Utilize our resource directory to discover the diverse support networks, programs, and organizations for families in all walks of life.
- Workshops: We offer Partners for Early Learning, an educational series for parents, educators, and service providers to expand their knowledge and skills.
To learn more about enrollment, scheduling, and rates, click the links below:
- Enrollment: Take the opportunity to review our enrollment paperwork, parent handbook, and emergency preparedness steps.
- Holidays, Rates, & Schedules: Review our scheduling process, holiday closure dates, and current tuition rates.